BlueHome is a stylish Android application to control your EIB/KNX installation from the palm of your hand using your phone or tablet.
Do you have a EIB/KNX installation at your home, apartment or hotel, then you can use BlueHome to control the lights, heating, blinds, etc. from your Android phone or tablet.
Simply add the different devices you wish to control to BlueHome. Once you have created your devices, you can place them in different "Rooms" or "Categories" for easy access.
The application can be configured without knowledge of the KNX system or your ETS configuration. Through the use of the build in assistent, many of your devices can be automatically configured. Simply tap the "assist" button on your phone or tablet and use your real KNX devices (e.g., a dimmer or switch) to perform the required action. BlueHome will automatically capture the resulting messages and use them to configure itself!
For more advanced users, it is also possible to manually configure devices by assigning group addresses.
Connect BlueHome to your KNX system using any KNX/IP Gateway, including the open source eibd server software. BlueHome can be used through NAT (note that putting your KNX system on the public internet may have security/privacy issues) or over a VPN connection (preferred way).
Latest version: 1.4.4
- Full configuration in the App itself, no need for separate configuration software
- Assistent allows users to configure their devices without any knowledge of KNX messages or the ETS configuration
- Stylish interface that is adapted to both tablets and phones
- Arrange your devices in Rooms/Categories
- If needed, you can add multiple "Pages" to each Room or Category
- Define your own Tasks. Each Task can contain one or more devices and an action
on the device (like turn on a light, set a dim value, set heating mode, etc.). Once you have created a Task, you
can put it on the screen like any other device in the system. Moreover, you can also execute tasks from another App using an Intent.
So you can use a tool like Tasker or Locale to define a trigger and have it execute a BlueHome Task. Examples: shake your phone to set default lights in house,
use NFC tags around the house to set certain scenes, use timers to set heating modes, etc.
- Bus Monitor that captures all messages on your system: convenient when configuring BlueHome
- Share your configuration with other devices using email, dropbox, etc.
Supported devices (more will become available)
- (Light) switches: turn on, off, toggle or use as short trigger
- Light dimmers, both absolute (slide) and relative (tap and hold) dimmers
- Scene selection
- Blinds: up/down/stop or set to certain height
- Heating: set mode, control set temperature and read current temperature
- Generic sensor that can be used to monitor any datapoint type in KNX
- Clock: use this device to set the time and date of your KNX system on regular intervals
- "Task device": combine the functionality of different devices in one convenient shortcut in a Task and execute it by place a Task Device on the screen